Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The shame files

My craft room is currently a shame file in itself. Oh yes, I'm lucky to have a little lilac room devoted to my hobbies, but lately I've been just dumping everything thrifted or crafty in there, and now, I'm lucky if I can beat my way to the ironing board or the sewing machine or the computer/scanner.

But a picture is worth a thousand words, I'm putting these here and on Flickr to make me tidy it all up!



Just so that you know that messiness is symptomatic of things not being well with me, rather than just my nature, here's what my desk used to look like:

Luckily this blog doesn't get a lot of traffic, so hopefully not too many people will know my shame. Hahha.

Update 20 minutes later: I just found this post of Kirsty's, so I'm playing along.

6 comments:

Kirsty said...

Mess is good. I like mess...until I don't & then you have to clean. Thanks for playing.

CurlyPops said...

Oh my goodness, I feel the pain. It's just so hard to keep all the stuff organised.

Maureen Reynolds said...

Hahhaaha...we all have those times. When the work you are doing has lots of little bits, that's just how it goes. When I was back working in an office and most of the work was in my head, I had an immaculate desk.

(You also know the world will flock to your blog now that you posted those pictures....)

RheLynn said...

whoa that looks like my workshop mid-project... but I manage to sweep it all up and *somewhere* most of the time. Welcome to on my desk!

Chris Salley said...

I found your blog through the Feeling Stitchy post. Nice work!!!! Organization can be exhausting!

Michelle said...

You're right - YOU WIN!!!!!

;-)