
Last week at Brown Owls, we had applique night, which ended up being a lot of fun. Old-style applique, cutting out fabric and hand stitching it down to make an owl picture (I'm thinking if you had an owl-phobia, you wouldn't want to join Brown Owls - hah.) I found it quite challenging, but also surprisingly addictive, and as usual, pledged to myself that I'd finish what I'd started.
So here is the final result... I sort of deviated from the pattern a bit, and couldn't help adding embroidery. Mr Owl might get hung up in a display embroidery hoop, or maybe will become a cushion.

5 comments:
He looks great Steph - super job.
Well done for finishing it. It looks fantastic and combines 2 of my favourite things... Brown Owls AND Matroyshka dolls :)
He looks so cool! I wish I had of booked in for that session.
Love his little babushka doll friends too!
Great owl, mine is still sitting there unfinished.
BTW the Hemlock Ring blanket isn't hard. You'd be able to do it no probs.
oh, he looks so cute! It is addictive, isn't it? That said, I haven't finished my owl....
Post a Comment