Thursday, April 10, 2008

On my desk today

As I left my camera at home yesterday, I couldn't do on my desk (and by the time I got home last night, it was dark, so no photo taking.) This non-Daylight Savings is still messing with me.

Luckily (!) the stuff has hung around anyway, seeing as I didn't do any reading last night due to fighting with my laptop for two hours (to try and complete the simple process of ordering some cards from Vistaprint.com.au) and then I kept working on my applique owlie from Monday's Brown Owls session. (Nearly finished, just have to finish embroidering the white around the eyes, and then wash out the embroidery marker.)

So here's what is on the desk (I shoved my work to the right, no one wants to see that!)


This pile reflects my lunchtime travels... the new issue of Inside Out is in the shops, so I grabbed it. (I love that mag, its one of those that I can't bear to recycle or give away after I've read it. So I have a huge stack of them in the bedroom.) I had coffee with a friend at local bookshop, Robinsons, and of course, had to buy a craft book (!) Being in Robinsons is also sorta like being at the Brown Owls clubhouse, as there are owlies everywhere! I'm not sure what the link is between the shop and owls, but one day I'll get around to asking.

3 comments:

CurlyPops said...

What a cute little owl on the brown paper bag!

Kirsty said...

The daylight savings thing is proving very hard to get used to. I'm all over the place - can't get by body clock right at all.

Drewzel said...

Kirsty, I'm the same, I don't want to go to bed at night, yet I don't want to get up in the morning. And as soon as it gets dark I just want to retreat to the couch!