Wednesday, May 21, 2008

On my desk today...

Today's edition of on my desk features more knitting (practising increases now), fruit, chicken cards, sheet music and yet more wool. And my Brownie uniform - being the nerd I am, I've embroidered badges for my "uniform" for my stitching and travel badges.

Here's a closer look (the white stuff is supposed to be air-fade pen, but I think I'll have to wash it off) :
They're stitched onto blank Guide Patrol Emblem badges, which I got from the Guides shop in Melbourne.


8 comments:

Kitty said...

I love your badges.
& that is a smashing idea re:swap card albums I'll have to give it a go.

Kitty said...

I'm very glad to have met you... you always make me laugh.

CurlyPops said...

OMG look at that embroidery....I haven't even thought about that yet! Do the guides sell blank badges online?

Drewzel said...

yay kitty!

ta cam, just had a look, yep:
http://www.guidesvic.org.au/home/retail_detail.asp?l1=211&product_id=507&category_id=14

it might be worth seeing if Brown Owl wants some for the shop, as you have to order a minimum of $10 online plus postage...??

CurlyPops said...

Great idea Stoeh, there's probably lots of other Brown Owls who would love those badges too.....I didn't even know there was a Guides shop in existence!

CurlyPops said...

Hmmmm that should be STEPH not STOEH!

Kirsty said...

Steph - absolutely brilliant work. I'm so glad that you stiched the badges - I knew that they would come up beautifully. Fabulous Fabulous Fabulous.

Danielle said...

Your badges look very impressive.